Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A CONFESSION OF MY BROKEN HEART

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
-1 John 1:9 KJV


++++++++++

A CONFESSION OF MY BROKEN HEART
by Dreamy Poetess

How could this be, oh Lord? How come You still love me?
I am never the person that I ought to be.
How could I let transgression take a hold of me?
Oh why have You been so patient like what I see?

When I have surrounded myself with the wrong things,
And followed my deceitful heart with its cravings,
You've watched over me in all of my wonderings;
Though You were not on my mind during the mornings.

How can I be so blind that I had never seen,
Such a very dangerous road from where I'd been?
How could I, that I had never observed so keen,
The ways that I had followed before were unclean.

I was sinking in insanity and madness.
In the world I sought after love and happiness,
Even though they are lacking in Your Righteousness.
Still when I fell, You responded with FORGIVENESS.

Now I have come Lord, listen to my REPENTANCE.
Why, I'm a sinner but still have Your acceptance?
I know what I need now is Your deliverance.
You gave me more when I only asked for a chance.

++++++++++

Acknowledging Sin, Seeking Forgiveness, and Encountering Divine Mercy

Reflecting on one's personal journey profoundly influences the acknowledgment of sin, the pursuit of forgiveness, and the experience of divine mercy. The need for heartfelt confession and a plea for God's forgiveness becomes evident in this process.

Individuals may grapple with the realization of their own shortcomings, recognizing that they fall short of who they should be. Despite being surrounded by wrong things and following a deceitful heart, seeking forgiveness and acknowledging God's unwavering patience are crucial steps.

The acknowledgment of blindness to the dangerous path and unclean ways underscores their recognition of the necessity for repentance and deliverance. The turning point occurs with an understanding of the inadequacy of worldly pursuits compared to God's righteousness.

Experiencing the transformative power of divine forgiveness is a tangible outcome. The recognition of sin, the plea for forgiveness, and the understanding that God responds with gracious forgiveness, even in moments of insanity and madness, result from surrendering oneself to God. Embracing the biblical truth that God is faithful and just to forgive sins and cleanse from unrighteousness becomes an unparalleled gift, incomparable to anything or anyone else.

Image, generated through AI Art Image Generator - GoArt.


No comments:

Post a Comment